Medical Malpractice Lawyers.
When treated under the care of a doctor, most people trust in their prognosis and treatment. But sometimes, the treatment and care of a doctor can be wrong, resulting in a serious mistake when treating your medical condition. Or, when treatment is performed, the doctor can act in a careless or negligent manner with your health. Medical malpractice can also occur when a lack of appropriate action was taken in the treatment, care, or prognosis of your health. In cases such as these, injured people will file a personal injury claim against their doctor in what’s known as a medical malpractice suit.
Examples of medical malpractice include:
- Infection due to an unhealthy hospital environment
- Misdiagnosis or failing to diagnose your disease or medical condition
- Surgical and anesthesia errors
- Failure to provide appropriate treatment for your medical condition
- Hospital negligence, such as understaffing, poor training or policies
- Unreasonable delay in treating your diagnosed medical condition
- Obstetrical malpractice (i.e. failure to identify high-risk factors in expectant mothers)
If you have been subject to medical malpractice, we can help. We will file a personal injury claim on your behalf, and a personal injury attorney at our firm will represent you with no out-of-pocket costs required.
Call us today at 1-800-655-6585 for a free legal review of your case.
How many people are affected by medical malpractice?
As a society, we put an enormous amount of trust into our medical providers, and we believe their diagnoses, treatments, medicines, and care can all lead to recovered state of health. But unfortunately, doctors and other health care providers can make mistakes, resulting in devastating medical issues for the affected individual or their loved ones. According to an article published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, over 225,000 people die each year due to medical malpractice, making medical malpractice the third leading cause of wrongful death in the United States.
Here are some alarming wrongful death statistics caused by medical malpractice in the U.S.
- 106,000 wrongful deaths per year from non-error, adverse effects of medication
- 80,000 wrongful deaths per year from infections in hospitals
- 20,000 wrongful deaths per year from other errors in hospitals
- 12,000 wrongful deaths per year from unnecessary surgery
- 7,000 wrongful deaths per year from medication errors in hospitals
If you have been injured by the carelessness or neglect of a health-care provider, you may be able file a claim for medical malpractice with a personal injury attorney. Call us today at 1-800-655-6585 for a free consultation with a San Diego malpractice lawyer.
Why Hire Our Personal Injury Lawyers after Medical Malpractice
We will help you file a personal injury claim for medical malpractice to recoup the maximum financial compensation allowed by law without any out-of-pocket money required by you. Since 1992, we have worked with injured people just like you who have suffered from the devastating affects of medical malpractice. We are experts in medical malpractice law.
When clients seek our legal help, questions often arise:
- Who is going to pay for your medical bills?
- What happens if you’re out of work, can you recoup lost wages?
- Is there any compensation for pain and suffering after medical malpractice?
Our personal injury attorneys can answer those questions and more.
We will fight on your behalf and get you the maximum financial compensation allowed by law.
Our main concern is you.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to medical malpractice we urge you to contact our bilingual offices as soon as possible at 1-800-655-6585 or please click here for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney working here in San Diego. We handle all cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay anything until we recover money on your behalf.