Whether you’re sick, in pain or just trying to lower your cholesterol, chances are that you’ve made a trip to your local San Diego pharmacy to pick up prescription medications. You probably don’t question this process because if you’re doctor prescribed it, then you’ll likely take it as instructed.
But what if your trip to the pharmacy ends up making you feel worse?
Pharmaceutical malpractice, or pharmaceutical liability, occurs when a legal drug causes you personal injury or wrongful death. Drug companies must abide by the safety regulations of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). If they do not and their dangerous drugs cause injury or illness, then these drug companies can be held liable, or responsible, for pharmaceutical malpractice. Prescription drugs have saved many lives, but if you are injured because of dangerous side effects or improper dosage amounts then maybe you should think about contacting an experienced pharmaceutical malpractice lawyer in San Diego.
Top Causes of Pharmaceutical Malpractice
There are many causes of pharmaceutical liability, but here are some of the most common reasons that people like you are harmed due to pharmaceutical malpractice:
1. Sometimes pharmaceutical companies may not disclose or know the side effects or health risks of their drugs. Other times, adequate time is not spent on clinical trials, researchers may overlook dangerous side effects that come to light after products are on the market or results are sometimes doctored and falsified to showcase results that will make a product more valuable.
2. Mistakes can be made in manufacturing, which may result in defective products.
3. Your local San Diego pharmacy (or any pharmacy, for that matter) could improperly fill your prescription with either an incorrect dosage or worse the wrong medication.
4. Your doctor writes you a prescription that, when taken with another medication that you’ve already been prescribed, caused you to get sick or injured.
If you or a loved have been injured in any way because of prescription drugs, you may be able to seek compensation for your troubles by filing a personal injury claim with our San Diego law firm.
Why Hire Our Personal Injury Lawyers for Pharmaceutical Malpractice?
Since 1992, the personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Michael Pines, APC in San Diego have been helping people just like you get justice after an injury from pharmaceutical malpractice. We know the legal process can at times be very confusing, but our experience can, however, help guide you through the process. Pharmaceutical malpractice claims are filed based on three factors:
1. Drug recalls
2. Product failure
3. Long-term side effects of prescription drugs
There have been numerous prescription drug recalls for drugs that were supposedly safe but led to life altering and possibly fatal side effects in pharmaceutical malpractice lawsuits. Here are some recent examples of dangerous drugs that have caused personal injury:
The goal of a pharmaceutical malpractice lawsuit is to get back what you lost if a drug injures you. If you have been injured by the carelessness or criminal negligence of a drug company, you can file a pharmaceutical malpractice claim. This process is highly technical and tedious, so hiring an experienced personal injury attorney in San Diego will help ensure that pharmaceutical companies do not take advantage of you.
Firm founder Michael Pines is a former insurance company lawyer, so he knows how the pharmaceutical companies work. If you do not want insurance companies to offer an unfair settlement, you should hire an experienced pharmaceutical malpractice lawyer from our San Diego law firm.
Our main concern is you.
If you or a loved one have been injured due to pharmaceutical malpractice we urge you to contact our bilingual offices as soon as possible following the accident at 1-858-551-2090 or please click here for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney working in San Diego. We handle all cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay anything until we recover money on your behalf.