Consumers place a lot of trust into products that are used every day. From the foods we eat to the products we consume, most people employ a certain level of trust in their use. But, unfortunately, there are instances when consumer goods can fail us. From recalls to faulty design, people are subjected to personal injury and even wrongful death when defective products or improperly stored foods are consumed.
If you become injured from a faulty product, or consume a food that has caused a serious injury or health concern, a personal injury attorney in San Diego can help you seek justice and hold the responsible party accountable.
Call us today at 1-858-551-2090 for a FREE consultation. We will answer your legal questions free of charge.
There are several instances when a product can fail an individual. Product liability refers to the branch of law that deals with manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, retailers and other entities who make products available to the public. If you become injured by the use of such products, the law can help you recover financially. An experienced personal injury attorney in product liability can ensure your financial compensation is settled at the maximum amount allowed by law. If you have been injured by a product, it’s important to speak to an attorney right away to preserve your legal rights and to file your injury claim.
When a defective product harms a consumer, everyone involved in the product’s production, distribution or sale can be held liable, even if that company is not based out of San Diego. If you are ever injured by a defective or dangerous product, there are several liable parties you can hold responsible:
- Manufacturers of component parts
- Retail stores that sell the defective product
Many individuals can be eligible to file a product liability claim, and most commonly, those claims can arise from:
1. Defective Products. You may be able to file a personal injury claim if you were injured or harmed by a defective product, even if the product was recalled.
2. Design Defects. If you’ve been injured by using a product in its intended way, you may be able to file a product liability claim and seek financial compensation for your injury.
3. Defective Auto Parts. If an automobile is defective, the results can be disastrous for the driver or passengers alike. If you are injured and suspect it is the fault of a defective automobile part or feature, you may be entitled to compensation.
4. Asbestos. This substance is harmful to one’s health, especially when inhaled or consumed in any way. If you have been exposed to asbestos, you may be able to file a liability claim.
Usually, companies have product liability insurance. This way, if their product harms you, they have the finances to pay out a products liability settlement.
Of course, product liability injuries can occur in many different ways beyond this list. It’s important to talk to a personal injury attorney to determine the eligibility of your case.
Call us today for a FREE consultation at 1-858-551-2090 and we will answer your legal questions free of charge.
Why Hire Our Personal Injury Attorneys for Product Liability?
Since 1992, the personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Michael Pines, APC have helped injured people settle their product liability claims at the maximum amount allowed by law. Don’t speak to the responsible companies or organizations until you speak to us. We can legally represent you with no out-of-pocket costs when filing your personal injury claim. We’ll help you receive compensation for:
We are a firm dedicated to personal service. We care about you and your case and we will work hard to hold the responsible party accountable. Call us today at 1-858-551-2090 for your FREE consultation.