If you’ve been injured in an Uber or Lyft car accident, you need San Diego’s top-rated legal team at your side.
Uber and Lyft are increasingly popular methods of transportation in San Diego and throughout the United States. With a simple click, passengers can arrange for convenient transportation within mere minutes. And while most Uber and Lyft drivers are safe and courteous, not all vehicle operators are quite as cautious. Some rideshare drivers are simply careless – and that’s when accidents tragically occur.
If you’ve been injured in an Uber or Lyft car accident, you need San Diego’s top-rated legal team at your side. At Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC, we are the nationally-recognized legal experts people turn to when injured in a ride-sharing car accident. Right now, you need answers. You need help. Talk to our USA Top 100 personal injury attorneys now and speak to a lawyer for free.
Finding the responsible party and filing your claim is essential to securing your legal rights. Call us today 24/7 for a free consultation at 1-858-551-2090 and speak to a ride-share car accident attorney. There are no fees unless we win. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
FAQ: WHAT HAPPENS NEXT WHEN I’M HURT IN AN UBER OR LYFT ACCIDENT?
Finding the responsible party after an Uber or Lyft accident can be a complex process. If you’ve been injured in a ride-sharing accident, your best option right now is to speak to a San Diego personal injury lawyer to secure all of your legal rights.
While it’s best to speak to an attorney regarding your specific case, here are some common questions that are asked following an Uber or Lyft accident.
SHOULD I FILE MY PERSONAL INJURY CLAIM AGAINST UBER OR LYFT?
Like any other accident, there are many factors involved when determining fault. There are some cases where Uber or Lyft may be held liable for the accident. If an injury accident occurred, our lawyers may be able to file a claim against the insurance companies that provide coverage for Uber or Lyft drivers. In a so-called “traditional” accident, the claim is made against the responsible party and it is most likely filed against that individual’s insurance company. Similarly, our lawyers may be able to file a claim in the same manner against Uber’s or Lyft’s insurance companies.
HOW DO I KNOW IF UBER OR LYFT HIRED A RESPONSIBLE DRIVER?
Additionally, our attorneys may look at Uber or Lyft as the responsible party if either corporation failed to contract appropriate drivers with good records. For instance, if your driver was operating a vehicle without a valid license, and Uber or Lyft failed their due diligence to verify the driver’s minimum requirements, you may have a claim against Uber or Lyft and/or the driver of the vehicle.
I WAS THE UBER OR LYFT DRIVER AND I’VE BEEN INJURED. DO I HAVE A CASE?
Injured Lyft or Uber drivers may have a claim against either corporation, especially if Lyft or Uber refuses to pay or offers a very low settlement. It’s best to talk to a lawyer first who can secure all of your legal rights before trying to settle with Uber or Lyft yourself. If you need to file a claim against Uber or Lyft, we can help. Our 5-star rated, SuperLawyer-verified attorneys know how to best handle these types of complex claims. Don’t feel helpless—feel empowered with our lawyers behind you and your case.
CAN I FILE MY CLAIM AGAINST THE DRIVER AND NOT UBER OR LYFT?
In some cases, the driver can be held responsible in civil cases outside of Lyft or Uber responsibility. These situations are complex and require the expertise of a legal team with experience in civil cases. Our lawyers have filed claims against negligent drivers with countless victories for injured people. Call our Yelp-recommended attorneys 24/7 for a free consult.
WHAT KIND OF INSURANCE DOES UBER AND LYFT CARRY?
Uber and Lyft are now required by California law to carry $1,000,000 in coverage for property damage, injury, and death when an accident is caused by one of their drivers. California laws also mandate that Lyft and Uber provide underinsured and uninsured motorist coverage for drivers and passengers. If another driver has fled the scene or lacks appropriate insurance coverage, Lyft or Uber may be responsible for paying for your claim.
COMMON INJURIES IN LYFT OR UBER ACCIDENTS
While no accident is ever alike, we tend to see the following injuries reported following Lyft or Uber injury accidents.
- WHIPLASH. Our San Diego personal injury attorneys very commonly assist individuals who experience whiplash as a result of Lyft or Uber car accidents. Whiplash most often occurs in rear-end accidents and T-bone accidents. Whiplash can also occur in other types of vehicle collisions.
- BROKEN BONES. Broken bones can occur in more severe accidents. Broken bones can lead to other complications such as catastrophic injury including lacerations and organ damage.
- TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY. Sadly, some Lyft and Uber accidents can leave an individual with lifelong brain damage. A traumatic brain injury (TBI) can lead to significant cognitive impairment including loss of bodily function. When a person sustains a TBI, the future can be left uncertain. What was once easy can become incredibly difficult in the wake of a TBI.
- PARALYSIS. Paralysis occurs when the spinal cord is damaged, leading to possible loss of function in the extremities. Paralysis can lead to a domino-effect of other complications including neurogenic shock, urinary and gastrointestinal disruption, abnormal bodily temperature control, hypotension, and more. It goes without saying that paralysis leads to a lifetime of unwanted change.
- WRONGFUL DEATH. If your loved one or family member was tragically lost in an Uber or Lyft accident, we are sincerely sorry for your loss and pain. This is an incredibly difficult time and you need help now. It’s never been more important to seek justice for your loved one, and our lawyers can help.
TOP-RATED, YELP-RECOMMENDED RIDESHARE ACCIDENT LAWYERS
Our Yelp ratings, video testimonials and countless Google reviews are just one reason that people choose Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC for legal representation. Our SuperLawyer-verified, industry-leading experts are San Diego’s choice for filing a claim in Uber or Lyft accidents.
Call our San Diego personal injury lawyers today for a free consultation, 24/7, at 1-858-551-2090. There are no fees unless we win. You only get one chance at justice – make it count. Call us today or click here to contact us via email.