No family member wants to be in the position of laying a loved one to rest as a result of someone else’s negligent behavior. However, as any person who has recently gone through a wrongful death claim in San Diego can tell you, there are options available to you. One of those options may include filing a claim to recover compensation as a result of the loved one’s lost life and the implications this has for remaining family members.
There are eight major elements that influence your wrongful death claim value. Each case is unique, however, and you would work with an experienced lawyer to determine the most appropriate course of action and reasonable settlement for you.
- Losses and damages linked directly to the loss of a loved one and his/her age
- Other loved ones and family members being witnesses for the legal claim
- The amount of insurance coverage in question that could pay out on the claim
- A jury’s beliefs about the value of the life led by the deceased
- The venue and jurisdiction of the case
- The judge and/or jury
- The kind of witness the defendant makes or the behavior he or she was engaging in at the time of the accident
- The reputation and skill of your legal team
Any family in the position of filing a wrongful death claim should carefully consider choosing the right lawyer. In the wake of losing a loved one, there are many details and emotions that often consume the time and energy of the family members. This makes the selection of the right lawyer all the more important. A wrongful death claim should always involve a legal team with experience in this area and the dedication to help grieving family members pick up the pieces after the loss of someone they cared about.
SENIOR PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY & FIRM FOUNDER
Michael Pines is a former insurance company attorney who graduated from the University of California Hastings College of the Law in 1987. While he was an insurance attorney, he learned from behind the scenes how insurance companies work and how they decide how much to pay injured people. Now that he works against insurance companies, Michael’s inside knowledge has resulted in significant benefits to his clients injured in car accidents. Learn more about Michael Pines