Any car accident has the potential to cause critical injuries, but the victims of a recent Lakeside crash found themselves in harm’s way. A San Diego police lieutenant had to be taken to the hospital when a pick-up truck blew through a stop sign and hit his car, according to a report from California Highway Patrol officers. The crash happened early Monday evening in the midst of Halloween activities. The police officer was driving at around 30 miles per hour at the time of the crash, investigators said.
Whether it’s a red light or a stop sign, failing to come to a complete step can leave individuals at the scene suffering from critical injuries. Anyone who has been hurt in an accident like this may be able to recover compensation after speaking with an experienced personal injury lawyer. A lawyer can have a big impact on whether or not your claim is successful.
Have you recently been involved in any kind of crash in San Diego in which you sustained critical injuries? Your doctor can help you figure out your diagnosis and your next steps, but the medical bills and treatments can be overwhelming for someone who has just come through an accident. Your future matters if you find yourself in this situation. No one shoul d have to suffer because of another person’s negligence, but if you find yourself in this situation, you are not alone.
Here’s what to do if you are hurt in a car crash and sustain severe injuries:
- Always follow-up with your doctors regarding medical treatment
- Make sure to collect evidence at the scene of the accident and afterwards
- Communicate the issues to your insurance company and keep notes of every conversation you have with them
- Speak to a personal injury lawyer about a potential claim against the negligent party
- Continue to monitor your medical progress and get any necessary treatments