Whiplash is the most common injury sustained in a car accident. Whiplash occurs when the head and neck are thrown backward and forward like a whip. This unnatural flexion of the head and neck causes strain on the muscles, ligaments, and spinal cord. If severe, whiplash can lead to chronic pain, headaches, loss of motion, tenderness, tightness, and even secondary injuries such as concussions or head trauma.
WE ARE ONE OF SAN DIEGO’S ONLY MEDICAL INDUSTRY-RECOMMENDED LEGAL TEAM
Over the last 30 years, we have developed strong relationships with San Diego’s top medical experts specializing in whiplash treatment. Our close work with top doctors throughout Southern California has elevated us as one of California’s top whiplash injury law firms. California’s finest doctors and specialists have recommended us to clients because of our outstanding, recognized work in personal injury. We are a team of experienced, ethical lawyers with a strong track record of victories in whiplash claims.
If you are experiencing pain due to whiplash injury, seek the help of a qualified medical professional. Then, speak to the most comprehensive, uncompromising legal experts in San Diego to get the legal help you need. Schedule your free, confidential consultation at 1-858-551-2090 or click here to submit your details online. A whiplash attorney will be in touch with you shortly.
If you have pain in the neck, shoulders or back after an accident, you may be experiencing whiplash. Common symptoms include:
- PAIN IN THE NECK, SHOULDERS OR BACK. Soreness and pain in the upper body can be a clear sign of whiplash. Muscles may feel tense or knotted.
- LIMITED RANGE OF MOTION. It may be difficult to move your head in either direction, including side-to-side movements.
- STIFFNESS. Whiplash is commonly associated with stiffness in the neck which can lead to pain when attempting to look over each shoulder or when rocking the head side-to-side.
- HEADACHES. A tell-tale sign of whiplash is persisting headaches that begin at the base of the skull and radiate forward through the temples and forehead.
TENDERNESS. Muscles may feel sore and tender to the touch. Tenderness may indicate a neck strain or sprain, and either condition may be indicative of whiplash.
- RINGING IN THE EARS. Tinnitus, or constant ringing in the ears, may indicate that some form of injury has occurred in the neck region. Sometimes, it may be indicative of damage to the inner ear.
- DIZZINESS. Any discombobulating sensations may be indicative of whiplash. Given the proximity of the neck muscles and tendons to the inner ear, any stress in these areas can result in a dizzying sensation.
- LIMITED MOVEMENTS. Decreased range of motion may be indicative of whiplash. If symptoms are felt within the neck, shoulders or even in the arms or chest, whiplash may be suspected.
- MEMORY IMPAIRMENT. Forgetting things, absentmindedness, or not feeling like yourself may all be indicative of sustained injury—and in some cases, whiplash.
- BLURRED VISION. Episodes of unclear vision may indicate whiplash. Or, if your vision is consistently blurred, you may have whiplash in addition to other possible injuries.
WILL MY WHIPLASH GO AWAY?
Although initial symptoms of whiplash may go away over time, the long-term repercussions of whiplash are still being studied. Medical experts know that some whiplash injuries can lead to years of nagging pain.
It is never easy to determine whose pain will go away and whose will continue for years ahead. The unknown can often be scary—but the good news is that many people do recover when appropriate medical care – such as physical therapy, and in some cases, surgery – is accessed as quickly as possible.
SHOULD I HIRE A CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER FOR MY WHIPLASH?
If you experienced whiplash as a result of a car accident, it’s incredibly important to secure your legal rights as soon as possible. Most people hire a personal injury lawyer after experiencing whiplash because:
- A personal injury attorney will make sure the insurance companies don’t take advantage of you. All too often, insurance companies will try to settle your case quickly and unfairly. A lawyer will make sure that doesn’t happen—and most likely, you may settle your claim for much more than an insurance company has offered when a good attorney handles your case.
- Most people want to make sure that every legal aspect is covered. The law can be incredibly complex. It’s difficult to navigate legalese when injured—not to mention the added stress. A good personal injury lawyer will handle the case entirely from beginning to end.
- Paperwork can get overwhelming. Between statements, bills, and medical paperwork, filing more forms to begin a legal case can quickly become consuming and stressful. Hiring a lawyer to file your claim is easier because the stress of paperwork and legal precision is eliminated. A good lawyer will handle all the paperwork related to your case with professionalism and accuracy.
SAN DIEGO’S 5-STAR RATED, NATIONALLY-RECOGNIZED WHIPLASH ATTORNEYS
Our attorneys have helped injured people just like you get the help they need to move on from their accident. We are San Diego’s leading law group specializing in whiplash and car accident injury. From our countless video testimonials to our 5-star ratings on Yelp, Google and more, injured people across Southern California have agreed: We are the definitive experts in personal injury.
Our process is simple. First, call our offices and start with a FREE consultation. We will gather all of the details pertaining to your case. Then, we will let you know how we see your case in the eyes of the insurance company. With our insider knowledge of the insurance claim process, we can provide unique insight that other firms simply cannot offer. Finally, we will come up with a plan of action to move your claim forward if we take your case. It’s that simple and straightforward.
Call us today at 1-858-551-2090 and speak to a San Diego car accident lawyer now. There are no up-front fees to hire us and we only collect if we win your case. There’s never been a better time to call than now – and your future depends on it. Call or click for a free consultation.