We are one of San Diego's Only Medical-Industry Recommended Legal Teams
Whiplash is the most common injury sustained in a car accident. Whiplash occurs when the head and neck are thrown backward and forward like a whip. This unnatural flexion of the head and neck causes strain on the muscles, ligaments, and spinal cord. If severe, whiplash can lead to chronic pain, headaches, loss of motion, tenderness, tightness, and even secondary injuries such as concussions or head trauma.
Over the last 30 years, we have developed strong relationships with San Diego’s top medical experts specializing in whiplash treatment. Our close work with top doctors throughout Southern California has elevated us as one of California’s top whiplash injury law firms.
California’s finest doctors and specialists have recommended us to clients because of our outstanding, recognized work in personal injury. We are a team of experienced, ethical lawyers with a strong track record of victories in whiplash claims.
If you are experiencing pain due to whiplash injury, seek the help of a qualified medical professional. Then, speak to the most comprehensive, uncompromising legal experts in San Diego to get the legal help you need and the compensation you deserve.
Table of Contents
- Whiplash Symptoms
- Will My Whiplash Go Away?
- About Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC
- Types of Cases We Handle
- Financial Compensation You May Receive For Your Accident
- What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do That I Can’t Do On My Own?
- Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer for my Whiplash Injury?
- Testimonials & Results From Our Personal Injury Clients
- Request a Free Consultation For Your Whiplash Injury Case
If you have pain in the neck, shoulders or back after an accident, you may be experiencing whiplash. Common whiplash symptoms include:
- PAIN IN THE NECK, SHOULDERS OR BACK. Soreness and pain in the upper body can be a clear sign of whiplash. Muscles may feel tense or knotted.
- LIMITED RANGE OF MOTION. It may be difficult to move your head in either direction, including side-to-side movements.
- STIFFNESS. Whiplash is commonly associated with stiffness in the neck which can lead to pain when attempting to look over each shoulder or when rocking the head side-to-side.
- HEADACHES. A tell-tale sign of whiplash is persisting headaches that begin at the base of the skull and radiate forward through the temples and forehead.
- TENDERNESS. Muscles may feel sore and tender to the touch. Tenderness may indicate a neck strain or sprain, and either condition may be indicative of whiplash.
- RINGING IN THE EARS. Tinnitus, or constant ringing in the ears, may indicate that some form of injury has occurred in the neck region. Sometimes, it may be indicative of damage to the inner ear.
- DIZZINESS. Any discombobulating sensations may be indicative of whiplash. Given the proximity of the neck muscles and tendons to the inner ear, any stress in these areas can result in a dizzying sensation.
- LIMITED MOVEMENTS. Decreased range of motion may be indicative of whiplash. If symptoms are felt within the neck, shoulders or even in the arms or chest, whiplash may be suspected.
- MEMORY IMPAIRMENT. Forgetting things, absentmindedness, or not feeling like yourself may all be indicative of sustained injury—and in some cases, whiplash.
- BLURRED VISION. Episodes of unclear vision may indicate whiplash. Or, if your vision is consistently blurred, you may have whiplash in addition to other possible injuries.
Will My Whiplash Go Away?
Although initial symptoms of whiplash may go away over time, the long-term repercussions of whiplash are still being studied. Medical experts know that some whiplash injuries can lead to years of nagging pain.
It is never easy to determine whose pain will go away and whose will continue for years ahead. The unknown can often be scary—but the good news is that many people do recover when appropriate medical care – such as physical therapy, and in some cases, surgery – is accessed as quickly as possible.
About Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC
Whiplash Injured San Diego residents turn to Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC for help after an accident. We are nationally-recognized for our contributions in accident prevention and for our outstanding success rate for clients who trust us with their accident claim.
Our all-star personal injury lawyers blend client empathy with unstoppable, unparalleled representation against insurance companies.
Michael Pines, firm founder and former insurance company lawyer, has the competitive advantage you need to get the maximum compensation for your claim. His previous work representing insurance companies is unlike any other car accident attorney in San Diego. We win cases because we have expert knowledge in the field of personal injury claims. Along with Aaron Salomon, firm partner, and our case managers and award-winning staff, your case will be handled by the finest legal team in San Diego.
If you have been injured and need help, call us today: 1-858-551-2090.
Types of Cases We Handle
Whether your whiplash injury was due to a car accident, motorcycle accident, or simply riding your ride, we have decades of experience handling all types of accidents, including:
Financial Compensation You May Receive For Your Accident
- Loss of Earnings. Your paychecks are vital for you and your family’s survival. Therefore, you should do everything you can to make sure your family is okay by filing a personal injury claim to recover your lost wages.
- Medical Bills. If you suffer from any kind of personal injury that you feel is not your fault, you may still be stuck paying thousands of dollars in medical bills. If your personal injury is serious, you might need extensive and ongoing medical treatment. It goes without saying that it sure is expensive paying medical bills for the rest of your life.
- Pain & Suffering. Pain and suffering is the legal term for the physical and emotional stress caused by a personal injury. Putting a value on human pain and suffering is one of the most difficult tasks in a personal injury case. The attorneys at our San Diego law firm can tell you up front that there is no formula or set method of putting a monetary amount to your pain and suffering. Rather, it is based upon many things and can only be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Property Damage. If your car is damaged in an auto accident that wasn’t your fault, you’d want the person who caused it, or more accurately their insurance company, to pay for the necessary repairs to restore your car to its pre-accident condition. To put it simply, a property damage claim is the formal reimbursement request for any damage to your car from an accident.
What Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Do That I Can’t Do On My Own?
In addition to securing your legal rights, a personal injury lawyer can help you with your medical bills following an injury. There’s no doubt that lost wages and mounting bills are stressful. We can help you.
Another good reason for hiring a personal injury lawyer is the power of negotiation behind your case. If you file a claim on your own—without legal representation—the insurance company will be quick to move on your case. This may mean a poor settlement or even outright dismissal of your claim. Don’t risk it. Hire a lawyer to ensure that you get a fair settlement. Our lawyers will work hard to put your case front and center — you deserve compensation at the maximum rate.
In some cases, we go to trial. Our experience and preparedness in the courtroom have given us the edge case after case, and we continue to make big strides for our clients every single day. And, we’ll frequently maintain communication with you so you know exactly where your case stands.
We’ll handle your case with utmost vigilance to ensure the best possible outcome.
Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer for my Whiplash Injury?
If you experienced whiplash as a result of a car accident, it’s incredibly important to secure your legal rights as soon as possible. Most people hire a personal injury lawyer after experiencing whiplash because:
- A personal injury attorney will make sure the insurance companies don’t take advantage of you. All too often, insurance companies will try to settle your case quickly and unfairly. A lawyer will make sure that doesn’t happen—and most likely, you may settle your claim for much more than an insurance company has offered when a good attorney handles your case.
- Most people want to make sure that every legal aspect is covered. The law can be incredibly complex. It’s difficult to navigate legalese when injured—not to mention the added stress. A good personal injury lawyer will handle the case entirely from beginning to end.
- Paperwork can get overwhelming. Between statements, bills, and medical paperwork, filing more forms to begin a legal case can quickly become consuming and stressful. Hiring a lawyer to file your claim is easier because the stress of paperwork and legal precision is eliminated. A good lawyer will handle all the paperwork related to your case with professionalism and accuracy.
Testimonials & Results From Our Personal Injury Clients
"Everyone here really cared about my case, wife, and me. We had been in a car accident in Bonita and wanted and received a great personal injury lawyer. From the first time I came to the Pines Salomon firm, everyone here was nice, polite and honest. Highly recommend." - Job S.
"I’m back again! I was the victim of another rear end collision! I had a great experience last time with Michael Pines and his staff…and it was no different this time around. They got me the immediate care that I needed — which was most important — and they settled my case without me having to worry about anything! Everything was done in a timely manner! Thank you again!!!" - Dinah S.
"I found Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers on Google after being involved in car accident. I worked with Attorney Julie Glisan. The whole process was seamless and they handled all the negotiations with the insurance companies and medical care. They where awesome and I would highly recommend them if you feel you have a case." - Amy K.
Request a Free Consultation For Your Whiplash Injury Case
Our attorneys have helped injured people just like you get the help they need to move on from their accident. We are San Diego’s leading law group specializing in whiplash and car accident injury. From our countless video testimonials to our 5-star ratings on Yelp, Google and more, injured people across Southern California have agreed: We are the definitive experts in personal injury.
Our process is simple. First, call our offices and start with a FREE consultation. We will gather all of the details pertaining to your case. Then, we will let you know how we see your case in the eyes of the insurance company. With our insider knowledge of the insurance claim process, we can provide unique insight that other firms simply cannot offer. Finally, we will come up with a plan of action to move your claim forward if we take your case. It’s that simple and straightforward.
Call us 24/7 at 1-858-551-2090 and talk to one of our car accident lawyers today. You can also submit the details of your case online. Your consultation is free, and you owe us nothing unless we recover money on your behalf.