We Fight to Win Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Motorcycle accidents are often devastating. In the event of an accident, the open nature of a motorcycle can lead to catastrophic injury including broken bones, lacerations, traumatic brain injury and even wrongful death. Sadly, families can be left in a wake of devastation after an accident. Despite this difficult time, know that you aren’t alone in the fight for justice. If your injury occurred due to the negligence of another person, we can fight on your behalf.
As San Diego’s most trusted attorneys in motorcycle accident claims, we can help you and your family seek justice against the responsible party. The Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC are a group of industry-leading attorneys with a track record of success winning motorcycle injury cases just like yours. Call us at 1-858-551-2090 and speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer 24/7.
FACTORS INVOLVED IN MOTORCYCLE INJURY ACCIDENTS
The most overwhelming cause of motorcycle accidents in San Diego and across the U.S. is driver error—e.g., a failure to see the motorcyclist. According to the most recent data at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), about 55 percent of all motorcycle accidents occurred with motor vehicles. However, the NHTSA also notes additional factors involved in motorcycle accidents, which include:
ROADWAY TYPES & CONDITIONS
The NHTSA reports that 66 percent of motorcycle accidents occur in non-intersection locations. Non-intersection locations include residential streets, main arterials, highways and freeways. The wide spectrum of roadway curvature, visibility, condition and traffic congestion can all lead to motorcycle accidents.
Finding the responsible party can prove to be complex: Did the accident occur due to the negligence of another driver? Was it the roadway condition (e.g., potholes) or design that caused the accident? Could the lack of adequate street lighting have contributed to the accident? Should the street have had a stop light or sign that could have prevented the accident? These are all important questions that a good motorcycle attorney will investigate as part of the claims process. Our lawyers are industry-leading experts, building strong cases for every client so that we can fight hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Most motorcycle accidents—59 percent—occur during the day. While this might surprise most individuals given the fact that visibility is reduced at night, the statistic makes sense considering the increased traffic that occurs during the day time. In addition, many motorcyclists – especially in California – tend to use their motorcycles for commuting. This may come as no surprise given the increase in San Diego traffic over the years.
Remaining motorcycle accidents occur in the dark (36%), at dusk (4%) and at dawn (1%).
Given that most accidents occur during the day when visibility is optimal, this may suggest that driver error is often to blame. Negligent drivers are simply careless when it comes to motorcyclists on the road.
Surprisingly, an overwhelming number of motorcycle accidents—97 percent—occur during clear or cloudy conditions without rain or other types of weather hazards. Most cyclists are aware that riding during rainy conditions can be hazardous. Most motorcyclists stay off the roads in inclement weather. Sometimes, though, motorcyclists have no choice but to ride in rain due to unexpected drizzles. But because most motorcycle accidents occur in clear conditions, this may suggest that driver error and negligence may be to blame for many motorcycle accidents.
Fifty-seven percent of motorcycle accidents occur in urban areas. Urban areas may include city freeway and highway use, and residential areas. Forty-three percent of motorcycle accidents occur in rural areas, and this may include roadways such as back road highways, unpaved roads, or rural arterials with limited traffic.
COMMON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES
Motorcycles are not particularly crashworthy. They offer little protection for the rider in the event of an accident. But, motorcycles are more than legal on our highways and may offer some benefits for the rider: improved commute, scenic drives, and belonging to the motorcycle community. No matter why a motorcyclist chooses to ride, it’s up to other drivers to be aware of motorcyclists on the road. When drivers fail to be careful, sadly, motorcycle accidents can happen.
The most common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- ROAD RASH. Even though most motorcyclists wear protective gear, the impact of an accident can cause cuts, scrapes and lacerations. Severe road rash can also lead to scarring, blood loss, disfigurement, and internal injuries.
- BROKEN BONES. Broken bones may occur if a rider is ejected off the motorcycle. Broken bones often occur simultaneously with other injuries.
- BRAIN INJURY. A traumatic brain injury frequently occurs in motorcycle accidents. Even with helmet use, the high impact to the head can cause brain inflammation, concussions, lacerations, brain bruising, hematoma or hemorrhaging, diffuse axonal injuries, or skull fractures. Given the serious implications of brain injuries, many individuals can sadly lose bodily functions as a result of the injury.
- SPINAL CORD INJURY. The force of a motorcycle crash can cause spinal cord injury given the relatively fragile nature of this body part. The body is fully exposed when riding a motorcycle and the spine can become lacerated, broken or otherwise damaged. Spinal cord damage can lead to herniated discs (cervical, thoracic, lumbar), bulging discs, cervical myelopathy, spondylolisthesis and vertebral compression fractures. These injuries can further lead to paralysis in severe motorcycle accident cases.
- WRONGFUL DEATH. Sadly, many motorcycle accident injuries are severe. This can lead to wrongful death. If you are a family member coping with the death of a loved one, we are sorry for your loss. Our goal is to help families just like you seek justice against the responsible party. With diligence, we can help prevent future accidents by holding the negligent driver responsible.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYERS ON YOUR SIDE
Right now, you need help. You need the right kind of help. Our attorneys at Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC have helped families just like yours seek justice for motorcycle accident injuries. For over 20 years, we are the experts San Diego turns to when they need the best representation in motorcycle injury cases.
We can help you:
- File an motorcycle injury claim against the responsible party. This step is crucial. A good attorney will do extensive groundwork to ensure no stone is unturned in your personal injury case. Our lawyers set the bar for the most comprehensive research and investigation in personal injury claims.
- Potentially arrange for medical care in the absence of health insurance. Our attorneys have the resources you need to get your life back on track. We can possibly help you get medical treatment if you do not have insurance. Right now, you need to get better and our lawyers can help you find the resources to do so.
- Preserve your legal rights. Time is a critical component of filing a personal injury claim. We will file a claim on your behalf to make sure all of your legal rights are preserved.
If you are in the initial stages of hiring a personal injury attorney, we can answer all of your questions AND guide you through the claims process. Our San Diego motorcycle accident attorneys work on a contingent fee basis which means there is no out-of-pocket cost to hire us. And, our consultation is completely free as well.
You deserve to have the best motorcycle attorneys in San Diego fighting for your case. You deserve financial compensation for your injuries and we can help. Speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer, 24/7, at the Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC by calling 1-858-551-2090 today.