We Fight to Win Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Motorcycle accidents are often devastating. In the event of an accident, the open nature of a motorcycle can lead to catastrophic injury including broken bones, lacerations, traumatic brain injury and even wrongful death. Sadly, families can be left in a wake of devastation after an accident. Despite this difficult time, know that you aren’t alone in the fight for justice. If your injury occurred due to the negligence of another person, we can fight on your behalf.
Table of Contents
- About Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC
- Factors Involved in Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
- Financial Compensation You May Receive For Your Motorcycle Accident
- What To Look For In A Good Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Why Hire Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- Testimonials & Results From Our Motorcycle Accident Clients
- Request a Free Consultation For Your Motorcycle Accident Case
About Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC
Injured San Diego residents turn to Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC for help. We are nationally-recognized for our contributions in accident prevention and for our outstanding success rate for clients who trust us with their claim.
Our all-star lawyers blend client empathy with unstoppable, unparalleled representation against insurance companies.
Michael Pines, firm founder and former insurance company lawyer, has the competitive advantage you need to get the maximum compensation for your claim. His previous work representing insurance companies is unlike any other car accident attorney in San Diego. We win cases because we have expert knowledge in the field of personal injury claims. Along with Aaron Salomon, firm partner, and our case managers and award-winning staff, your case will be handled by the finest legal team in San Diego.
As San Diego’s most trusted attorneys in motorcycle accident claims, we can help you and your family seek justice against the responsible party. The Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC are a group of industry-leading attorneys with a track record of success winning motorcycle injury cases just like yours. Call us at 1-858-551-2090 and speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer 24/7.
Factors Involved in Motorcycle Accident Injuries
The most overwhelming cause of motorcycle accidents in San Diego and across the U.S. is driver error—e.g., a failure to see the motorcyclist. According to the most recent data at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), about 55 percent of all motorcycle accidents occurred with motor vehicles. However, the NHTSA also notes additional factors involved in motorcycle accidents, which include:
ROADWAY TYPES & CONDITIONS
The NHTSA reports that 66 percent of motorcycle accidents occur in non-intersection locations. Non-intersection locations include residential streets, main arterials, highways and freeways. The wide spectrum of roadway curvature, visibility, condition and traffic congestion can all lead to motorcycle accidents.
Finding the responsible party can prove to be complex: Did the accident occur due to the negligence of another driver? Was it the roadway condition (e.g., potholes) or design that caused the accident? Could the lack of adequate street lighting have contributed to the accident? Should the street have had a stop light or sign that could have prevented the accident? These are all important questions that a good motorcycle attorney will investigate as part of the claims process. Our lawyers are industry-leading experts, building strong cases for every client so that we can fight hard to get you the compensation you deserve.
Most motorcycle accidents—59 percent—occur during the day. While this might surprise most individuals given the fact that visibility is reduced at night, the statistic makes sense considering the increased traffic that occurs during the day time. In addition, many motorcyclists – especially in California – tend to use their motorcycles for commuting. This may come as no surprise given the increase in San Diego traffic over the years.
Remaining motorcycle accidents occur in the dark (36%), at dusk (4%) and at dawn (1%).
Given that most accidents occur during the day when visibility is optimal, this may suggest that driver error is often to blame. Negligent drivers are simply careless when it comes to motorcyclists on the road.
Surprisingly, an overwhelming number of motorcycle accidents—97 percent—occur during clear or cloudy conditions without rain or other types of weather hazards. Most cyclists are aware that riding during rainy conditions can be hazardous. Most motorcyclists stay off the roads in inclement weather. Sometimes, though, motorcyclists have no choice but to ride in rain due to unexpected drizzles. But because most motorcycle accidents occur in clear conditions, this may suggest that driver error and negligence may be to blame for many motorcycle accidents.
Fifty-seven percent of motorcycle accidents occur in urban areas. Urban areas may include city freeway and highway use, and residential areas. Forty-three percent of motorcycle accidents occur in rural areas, and this may include roadways such as back road highways, unpaved roads, or rural arterials with limited traffic.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycles are not particularly crashworthy. They offer little protection for the rider in the event of an accident. But, motorcycles are more than legal on our highways and may offer some benefits for the rider: improved commute, scenic drives, and belonging to the motorcycle community. No matter why a motorcyclist chooses to ride, it’s up to other drivers to be aware of motorcyclists on the road. When drivers fail to be careful, sadly, motorcycle accidents can happen.
The most common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- ROAD RASH. Even though most motorcyclists wear protective gear, the impact of an accident can cause cuts, scrapes and lacerations. Severe road rash can also lead to scarring, blood loss, disfigurement, and internal injuries.
- BROKEN BONES. Broken bones may occur if a rider is ejected off the motorcycle. Broken bones often occur simultaneously with other injuries.
- BRAIN INJURY. A traumatic brain injury frequently occurs in motorcycle accidents. Even with helmet use, the high impact to the head can cause brain inflammation, concussions, lacerations, brain bruising, hematoma or hemorrhaging, diffuse axonal injuries, or skull fractures. Given the serious implications of brain injuries, many individuals can sadly lose bodily functions as a result of the injury.
- SPINAL CORD INJURY. The force of a motorcycle crash can cause spinal cord injury given the relatively fragile nature of this body part. The body is fully exposed when riding a motorcycle and the spine can become lacerated, broken or otherwise damaged. Spinal cord damage can lead to herniated discs (cervical, thoracic, lumbar), bulging discs, cervical myelopathy, spondylolisthesis and vertebral compression fractures. These injuries can further lead to paralysis in severe motorcycle accident cases.
- WRONGFUL DEATH. Sadly, many motorcycle accident injuries are severe. This can lead to wrongful death. If you are a family member coping with the death of a loved one, we are sorry for your loss. Our goal is to help families just like you seek justice against the responsible party. With diligence, we can help prevent future accidents by holding the negligent driver responsible.
Financial Compensation You May Receive For Your Motorcycle Accident
- Loss of Earnings. Your paychecks are vital for you and your family’s survival. Therefore, you should do everything you can to make sure your family is okay by filing a personal injury claim to recover your lost wages.
- Medical Bills. If you suffer from any kind of personal injury that you feel is not your fault, you may still be stuck paying thousands of dollars in medical bills. If your personal injury is serious, you might need extensive and ongoing medical treatment. It goes without saying that it sure is expensive paying medical bills for the rest of your life.
- Pain & Suffering. Pain and suffering is the legal term for the physical and emotional stress caused by a personal injury. Putting a value on human pain and suffering is one of the most difficult tasks in a personal injury case. The attorneys at our San Diego motorcycle injury law firm can tell you up front that there is no formula or set method of putting a monetary amount to your pain and suffering. Rather, it is based upon many things and can only be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Property Damage. If your motorcycle is damaged in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you’d want the person who caused it, or more accurately their insurance company, to pay for the necessary repairs to restore your motorcycle to its pre-accident condition. To put it simply, a property damage claim is the formal reimbursement request for any damage to your motorcycle from an accident.
What To Look For In A Good Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Hiring an honest and ethical lawyer should be at the top of your list. But what exactly makes a good motorcycle accident lawyer? Read on to find out the questions you should ask before deciding on a law firm. Consider the following five questions when hiring an attorney:
- Does the attorney have a history of representing cases like yours? This is a really good question because if the lawyer does not have experience with the nuances of your case, your chances of winning might decrease compared to hiring a lawyer with specific experience in a case like yours.
- How well-recommended is this lawyer? Many attorneys may tout their own popularity, but unless there are reviews (whether online or in-person), it may be difficult to take their word for their experience and results with clients. Ask to see any client reviews and whether they have clients who can speak to their ability as car accident lawyers.
- Can the lawyer tell you about their experience in car accident law? It’s a good idea to ask about credentials, certifications and education but asking about their experience in car accident law may also reveal a lot. The lawyer may be brand new to car accident law and that may affect your decision.
- Can the lawyer give you access to past cases? An honest lawyer won’t have an issue showing you previous cases that he or she has won. Knowing the attorney’s track record is a good idea because it can give you a reasonable expectation of your case results.
- What would you do as my lawyer if my case went to trial? We like this question because it puts the lawyer in “lawyer-mode.” You’ll be able to tell a lot about the lawyer based on this question because a lot of their personality is revealed: Is he or she aggressive? Can they think on their feet? Are they quick to suggest a settlement? Do they have the time to take your case to trial? It’s a great question to wrap up your lawyer’s interview.
Why Hire Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
Since 1992, we’ve been high-achievers with a dedication to our clients—and our 5-star reviews attest to our commitment to winning personal injury cases. While no attorney can ever guarantee a win, we do promise to work our very hardest to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
- DEVOTED TO YOUR CASE. Our lawyers will work diligently on your case to ensure the best possible outcome of your claim. We are easily accessible to our clients, and we spend time getting to know you and your case to the best of our ability. Our background work gathering all the details pertaining to your car accident ensures that no detail is missed. We understand the urgency you may be feeling—and we react accordingly. Our lawyers are the most devoted you’ll find in San Diego and that’s why so many residents turn to us for unmatched legal representation.
- 99 PERCENT SUCCESS RATE. If you have been injured in an accident, you need lawyers who have a proven case of success. Our 99 percent success rate is just one of many reasons San Diegans turn to us for legal help following an accident.
- MILLIONS RECOVERED. Our history of wins is unlike any other law firm in San Diego. We have won millions of dollars for our clients and we continue to set the bar for best practices in the area of car accident injury claims.
- NO OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES. Medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering—there’s no doubt that a car accident can be extremely stressful. Our lawyers take the stress off your plate so you can focus on your recovery. We’ll handle all aspects of your car accident injury claim with no out-of-pocket fees. You won’t pay us until we win your case.
Testimonials & Results From Our Motorcycle Accident Clients
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers On Your Side
Right now, you need help. You need the right kind of help. Our attorneys at Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC have helped families just like yours seek justice for motorcycle accident injuries. For over 20 years, we are the experts San Diego turns to when they need the best representation in motorcycle injury cases.
We can help you:
- File an motorcycle injury claim against the responsible party. This step is crucial. A good attorney will do extensive groundwork to ensure no stone is unturned in your personal injury case. Our lawyers set the bar for the most comprehensive research and investigation in personal injury claims.
- Potentially arrange for medical care in the absence of health insurance. Our attorneys have the resources you need to get your life back on track. We can possibly help you get medical treatment if you do not have insurance. Right now, you need to get better and our lawyers can help you find the resources to do so.
- Preserve your legal rights. Time is a critical component of filing a personal injury claim. We will file a claim on your behalf to make sure all of your legal rights are preserved.
If you are in the initial stages of hiring a personal injury attorney, we can answer all of your questions AND guide you through the claims process. Our San Diego motorcycle accident attorneys work on a contingent fee basis which means there is no out-of-pocket cost to hire us. And, our consultation is completely free as well.
Request a Free Consultation For Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Even the most cautious rider can get caught up in a motorcycle accident. And when an injury arises, there are legal options available to you. Don’t navigate the legal world alone – call an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer at Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC in San Diego, and speak to an expert who can help.
You only get one chance for justice. With only one chance, make sure you have the best possible legal representation to maximize your financial compensation.
You deserve to have the best motorcycle attorneys in San Diego fighting for your case. You deserve financial compensation for your injuries and we can help. Speak to a motorcycle accident lawyer, 24/7, at the Pines Salomon Injury Lawyers, APC by calling 1-858-551-2090 today.