The high popularity of bike riding, in California especially, has led to the construction of special bike lanes in many major cities. In San Diego, with all its sunny days, bicycles can be seen year round.
Still, many drivers don’t respect or know that bicyclists have a right to be on the road, and many bicyclists have not been properly educated on how to safely share the roadways with automobiles. This all adds to a recipe for bicycle accidents.
Safety tips to avoid bicycle accident injuries.
Our San Diego firm’s personal injury lawyers have seen bicycle accidents cause major injuries and wrongful deaths. Bikes simply are not made with the same safety features as automobiles. Many bicycle crashes can’t be avoided, but there are some things that you can do to prevent a bicycle accident from occurring as well as minimize your potential for personal injury.
- Always wear a helmet.
- Obey all traffic controls.
- Ride your bicycle near the right-hand edge of the road.
- Never carry another person on your bicycle.
- Always use hand signals when turning or stopping your bike.
- Look out for cars at cross streets, driveways and parking places.
- Give pedestrians the right-of-way.
- Keep your bicycle in good condition.
- Be careful when checking traffic and do not swerve when looking over your shoulder.
- Always ride your bike carefully and with traffic, not against it.
All the safety tips in the world cannot prevent every bicycle accident from occurring. Still, our personal injury lawyers in San Diego hope that you take heed of these safety tips so that you can avoid a needless bike accident injury.
Call our bilingual offices now at 1-858-551-2090 for a FREE consultation with an experienced personal injury lawyer or click here to submit your case for a FREE online review. We look forward to providing advice for your case, and you owe us nothing until we recover money on your behalf.