Grab your tight shorts, a water bottle, and your two wheeler.
Biking is one of the best ways to get around town, but it is also one of the easiest ways to get a personal injury that could send you to the hospital or even prove to be fatal in some instances. A biking accident can do severe damage to your body and you might need help paying all the medical bills from your treatments.
Our bicycle accident attorneys have written about tips that car drivers should follow when sharing the road with bicyclists. Here are some tips and rules that bicyclists should follow to help prevent bicycle accidents.
- Bicyclists on the road must follow the same rules as car drivers. This includes using the left and right turn lanes and using hand signals when making a turn, and stopping at red lights and stop signs.
- Bicyclists must ride in the same direction as car traffic. Bicycles should never be traveling against traffic.
- If possible, stay in the bicycle lane. If there is no bicycle lane, ride as close to the curb as safely possible.
- Make eye contact with car drivers when crossing the street or turning.
- WEAR A HELMET!!
- Wear bright, visible clothes.
- Have lights on your bicycle for night-time riding.
With gas prices going up and down, many people have resorted to riding their bicycles to commute to and from work and school. Many people, adults especially, have not ridden a bicycle in a very long time. This has resulted in an increase in bicycle and automobile accidents.
Our bicycle accident attorneys recommend that bicyclists make sure they know how to handle their bicycle before going onto public roads with other cars. By making sure you are familiar with basic road rules and your bicycle, you should be able to decrease the risk of causing a personal injury to yourself or others.
Call us now at 1-858-551-2090 or click here for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney and find out how we can help you. We speak English and Spanish, and we look forward to providing advice for your case. No fee if no recovery.
SENIOR PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY & FIRM FOUNDER
Michael Pines is a former insurance company attorney who graduated from the University of California Hastings College of the Law in 1987. While he was an insurance attorney, he learned from behind the scenes how insurance companies work and how they decide how much to pay injured people. Now that he works against insurance companies, Michael’s inside knowledge has resulted in significant benefits to his clients injured in car accidents. Learn more about Michael Pines