Taking your kids out for Halloween and enjoying all of the costumes and decorations of your neighbors is a popular activity in San Diego but there are also some steps you should consider to minimize your chances of being involved in an accident. If you plan on trick or treating, accompanying children who are engaged in this activity, or driving, you need to be aware of the steps that you could take to minimize the chances of a deadly accident. There are five primary things you should keep in mind as you approach the holiday. Car accidents on Halloween could lead to injuries, so do everything you can to avoid this issue.
- Keep your eyes open for children trick or treating. In dark costumes, it may be more difficult to spot children than before.
- Practice defensive driving. With more pedestrians on the street, it’s a critical factor to practice defensive driving.
- Always use your headlights so that you can increase your chances of being seen and spotting others in or near the roadway.
- Avoid driving your vehicle between 5pm and 9pm because these are popular trick or treating hours.
- Be aware of other drivers. Assume that other drivers will not necessarily follow the rules of the road on Halloween and be more mindful of the fact that with more people on the road, drivers who tend towards being aggressive may be more likely to get involved in a serious accident than before due to the frustration of increased traffic and more pedestrians.
Being mindful of these tips can help you to avoid a serious Halloween accident. If you or someone you know is injured in a Halloween accident caused by another person’s negligence or reckless behavior, you need to consult with a personal injury lawyer to identify the liable parties and take the necessary steps to file a personal injury lawsuit sooner rather than later. It is never easy to find yourself in the position of coping with life after a Halloween accident, however, it is strongly recommended that you find an attorney who can help you to craft a compelling claim sooner rather than later.
SENIOR PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY & FIRM FOUNDER
Michael Pines is a former insurance company attorney who graduated from the University of California Hastings College of the Law in 1987. While he was an insurance attorney, he learned from behind the scenes how insurance companies work and how they decide how much to pay injured people. Now that he works against insurance companies, Michael’s inside knowledge has resulted in significant benefits to his clients injured in car accidents. Learn more about Michael Pines