Taking care of children entails more than just providing for their physical and spiritual growth. Caretakers must also be concerned about keeping kids safe, especially in these times where danger can appear in many forms and shapes. Certainly, it has progressed beyond such classic warnings like “Don’t Talk to Strangers,” or “Don’t Get too far in the Deep End,” though they still have much currency in the world today, perhaps even more than at any other time. Today, the challenge of keeping kids safe is much tougher and it can be hard for parents to think about the best ways to protect their children. Parents and children need to be informed about such safety issues like pool safety, kidnappings, vehicle safety, and eating safety. Furthermore, parents also need to know about keeping kids off drugs and infant safety.
General Safety Concerns
- SafeKidsUSA: An organization with information on multiple child safety subjects.
- Children’s Safety Network: An organization devoted to keeping children safe.
- Basic Rules of Safety: Gives a few basic safety tips for children.
- Child Safety on Airplanes: Talks about how to take care of children on planes.
- Consumer Reports: A place for information on safety recalls on children’s products.
- General Safety Guide: Touches on multiple areas of concern for children.
- DARE: Official site for the D.A.R.E. project designed to keep kids off drugs.
- McGruff The Crime Dog: Official site for McGruff, a dog that teaches kids about crime and staying safe.
- Child Passenger Safety: Discusses passenger safety for children.
- Child Seat Laws: Lays out the car seat laws that are put in place to protect children.
- Age Guidelines: Discusses when a child should be in a car seat, booster seat, etc.
- Kid Safety in Cars: Provides information on how to keep kids safe in cars.
Infant Safety Guidelines
- Infant Car Safety: Discusses important infant safety rules.
- Infant Formula Safety: Illustrates the importance of formula safety for babies.
- Infant Safety: A look at some important infant safety measures parents should take.
- Baby-Proofing: Discusses how to baby-proof a home.
- Food Safety Concerns: Shows why food can be dangerous to kids.
- Teaching Kids: Provides ideas on how to teach kids about food safety principles.
- Pool Safety Tips: Offers many pool safety tips.
- Swimming Pool Safety: Discusses the probability of pool accidents around children.
- Water and Pool Safety: Provides safety tips for all bodies of water.
- Pool Safety Statistics: Discusses the statistics of pool safety.