Depending upon the location and facts, the police may be summoned to the scene to do a report of a car accident. While a police report is an important document, police report conclusions can often be wrong. As a result, police reports are not admissible evidence, should your case go to court. Our experienced San Diego auto accident attorneys know this and can help you dispute a police report that incorrectly places you at fault for an accident.
How Do You Disprove a Police Report for an Auto Accident?The police officer’s conclusion to the cause of the accident is based upon many factors, including:
- The police officer’s experience investigating auto accidents
- Any training or any special courses (i.e. accident reconstruction) the police officer attended
- Witness information, if any witnesses stayed around after the car crash
- Statements of all parties involved with the auto accident
- Evidence (skid marks, property damage or debris) of the auto accident.