Even though you are riding a motorcycle and not a car, you are still required to have motorcycle insurance. Our motorcycle accident attorneys know how important it is to have insurance, and in some states, it’s against the law ride or drive without it. If you are in an accident with a driver that has no auto insurance, you could be left without many legal options. Without motorcycle insurance, how will you receive money to pay for any medical costs for injuries or get your motorcycle property damage repaired?The amount of insurance companies and policies are too high to count, so be sure to shop around to find a policy that’s right for you and your family. Remember, motorcycle insurance requirements vary depending from state to state.
California’s Minimum Motorcycle Insurance Requirements
- $15,000-per-person for bodily injury
- $30,000-per-motorcycle accident for bodily injury
- $5,000 for property damage
- This is the most important requirement.
- Covers the other party’s damages if you caused an accident.
- Sometimes covers your court fees.
- If the cost of the accident is more than the amount of liability coverage you have, you could be forced to pay the outstanding balance.
Collision & Comprehensive Coverage
- Collision covers replacement or repair costs.
- Comprehensive insurance covers your motorcycle if it is damaged by fire, theft, vandalism or weather damage.
- Collision and comprehensive is adjustable, depending on how much you want.
- Uninsured motorist insurance pays for any bodily injury or property damage caused in an accident with someone who doesnt have any kind of insurance. If you dont have uninsured motorist, you are financially responsible for ALL costs — even if the accident wasnt your fault.
- Not required
- Our attorneys recommend this coverage because a lot of drivers don’t have auto insurance.
Why Hire a Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
If your motorcycle accident wasnt your fault, you should consider consulting with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. Insurance companies are tricky, and even your own insurance company will try to minimize your settlement as much as they can.Our San Diego law firm has handled motorcycle accident claims since 1992. Through our experience and hard work, we will make sure that your needs and best interests are given a voice. There is no cost for your initial consultation, and there are no fees until we recover a fair motorcycle accident settlement. Remember, you only get one chance for justice in personal injury.Call our bilingual law offices right away at 1-858-551-2090 for a FREE Consultation with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney or click here to submit your case for a FREE Online Review. We look forward to providing good advice for your case.